Monday, November 14, 2011

"Not the goods of the world, but God. Not riches, but God. Not honors, butGod. Not distinction, but God. Not dignities, but God. Not advancement, but God.God always and in everything."
(St. Vincent Pallotti)

I would first like to begin by apologizing to my readers for being absent from posting new writings and thoughts. I found this quote and it ignited so much passion and reflection within me. It is worded so simply, yet provokes such an enormous truth. This truth being to always recognize, keep, and serve God through everything that we do. I have shared thoughts in previous posts about our need to truly surrender to God in all areas of our lives..to trust Him through our trials and our successes. I ask You Lord to aid us in entrusting You with all of our pursuits. I ask You to forgive us for those times in which we have failed to recognize that our worldly accomplishments are nothing without You at the centre of everything we do. I pray for everyone to have the strength, courage, and faith to commit all of their works to the Lord, and to glorify Him everyday through what they do. May we always be reminded to keep "God always and in everything."
(C.C.)

1 comment:

  1. Hey Celeste - your quote reminded me of something I read from John Piper's book "Don't Waste Your Life" - I never truly understood a wasted life but after reading this I learned that a wasted life is one not lived for Christ. Imagine all the talent that has gone to the grave as they were wasted - not done to glorify Christ. Lord may our lives not be wasted.

    1 Cor 10:31
    31 So, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do ALL to the GLORY OF GOD

    Colossians 3:17
    17And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.

    ReplyDelete